Monday, July 28, 2008

The Next Design Star-Finale

Matt and Jen's final challenge is to design a living room, dining room and kitchen for two families that went through the Katrina disaster. Both houses are still in complete disrepair from the flood and it amazed me that people are still dealing with this disaster. I felt kinda of seasick in one of the houses that still had stuff all over the floor. I don't get it, I know they are probably busy, but wouldn't they go through that stuff two years later? Well luckily for both families, design star chose them to do a challenge for. Both designers get help from Trish and Mickey V. Matt got to chose first and generously said that he would give Jen Mikey V.'s help since Jen would need help with her kitchen cabinets. Ok that made me want him to win it. What a generous spirit and kind soul he is! Jen even said that would garner him votes. You betcha. Both designers get 36 hours and $20,000, nice! I don't think a recap is necessary at this point, in the end, I tried to be non partial in my review of each house, and came to the unadulterated conclusion that in my non biased, non judgemental point of view, I loved Jen's house much better, noticed that's just one love! I like her living room with the leather white sofa, which at first I thought, white? Guess you don't have dogs or kids. I can see muddy paw prints all over that thing honey! But it worked along with her fire engine red kitchen cabinets. Can I live a lifetime with those fire engine red cabinets? Maybe, if I don't watch too many slasher movies. I did however, loved, loved Matt's dining room with that crystal light fixture. Can I just wear that thing on my head? Nothing says class like sparkle! And speaking of sparkle, don't you love watching Sparkle's Vlog-video blog, on HGTV? He's so funny, like he said, Sparkle's the new black! Back to Matt, I think his kitchen was too plain on the side that he didn't put cabinets on. I know he's a minimalist, but it's a kitchen, it needs storage, shelves, spice rack, tile, something to give it that wow factor, because Jen's red cabinets definitely gave her kitchen that punch with that red and those black granite counter tops. Matt definitely had the better hosting skills but Jen had the better design. Let's see, can we fuse those two together?-Single D

No comments: