Monday, September 22, 2008

Dancing with the Stars

My daughter piped up the other day and said that she has to watch Dancing with the Stars. I'm like why? She barely watches American Idol, except for the audition parts in which she laughs hysterically and tries to mimic the auditions. Her interest in Dancing is to watch somebody named Cody Lindley, (some Hannah Montana personality) dance. Apparently she thinks he's cute, although she will never admit it, saying only that her friend Vanessa thinks he's cute. She thought by the way, that he danced pretty good but hated his slicked back hair. Hair is a big thing for tweeners. I thought he was pretty good, a little wooden, but he does have one of the better teachers, Julianna Hough, she's so cute, hate her!
Cutie chef Rocco DiSpirito was totally yummy but he's better behind a stove, Rocco, you can come cook for me anytime! The funniest moment of the entire evening was 82 year old Cloris Leachman. She's 82 years old and danced like an 82 year old, leaving her walker behind and baring cleavage and all, letting Len Goodman to comment, mind your cleavage. Ok, no one wants to see cleavage that old. Cloris needs more dancing lessons especially to lose that I'll have another martini belly. I have to give her snaps tho, it takes courage to do that, but I guess at her age who cares. Now where's my Lark!
I thought the best team was Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer (of So You Think You Can Dance fame). Lacey, not your traditional ballroom dancer injected a much needed fresh approach to the stale dance routines. Len, step into the 21st Century, you old man! Another team to watch, Brooke Burke and Derek Hough. I know the reason why most people will be watching them, but I do have to comment that Brooke's body is amazing. She's got to be a clone, an experiment in the body perfect, not to mention that she's coordinated to boot!
And then there's everyone's favorite soap star, Susan Lucci. She looked like a little doll, so tiny and perfect, too bad Mattel didn't make her arms and legs bendable.-Single D

No comments: