Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Glee Finale

Was not last night's finale of Glee just makes one want to watch it over and over? Last week's episode was just so-so with musical numbers I wasn't really crazy about. Yikes, am I really saying that? But last night's finale was purrrfect! And when they did their tribute to Schuster "To Sir With Love" , I was so there, surrounded in a cloud of nostalgia, seeing Sidney Poitier as teacher Mark Thackery. God I'm so old, I'm like the krypt keeper! (Freaky Friday, the Lilo version). I swear I must have been 5 when I saw To Sir (yeah right!) The final song that Vocal Adrenalin did interspersed with Quinn giving birth was amazing, although I still think they shouldn't have won, since only Jesse St. James sang, so it was a solo and not a group performance. My husband was annoyed with all the cutting shots. Men don't get dramatic effect. But what was touching and brought one tear, just one, was when Sue Sylvester voted for New Dimensions. Still don't get why they lost, wasn't Josh Groban on board with them, saying they had heart? But Sue showed she has some heart, at least for two seconds when she had a total lapse into empathy. Another Sue Sylvester quip: I'm legend it's happened. Yes it has Sue, yes it has!-Single D

No comments: