Sunday, December 30, 2007

Amazing Race-Good Goth! Kynt and Vyxsin Eliminated!

ok-So I don't have a DVR, I don't have a TIVO, so I totally missed last weeks episode-because I thought CBS would run the complete episodes online-NOT-they run every thing else. So I'm coming in when they are leaving my favorite city, Florence, Italy. I noticed when Nick and Gramps go into a hotel to make the flight arrangements they were in the Pitti Palace! We stayed there, right on the Ponte Vecchio. Anyway, back to the episode-imagine my amazement to find Nick and Gramps in first place-are they becoming savvy travelers, or do they just have good dumb luck?Good move on booking the flights and then going back to the hotel for much need rest, while the others fought it out at the airport. Going to India is always a challenge, with the millions of people and the strange locations. Of course after jocking for the best flight as always, when they end up at their destination, the place doesn't open until 6:00, so they all catch up! A big Yuck when they had to sleep in the street with cloths over their noses because of the stink. Can't you just imagine the smell, too bad TV doesn't have smell-a-vision. I had to laugh when Kynt said that they might have to rely on their performace art to get them through. At least they won't have to change their clothes, and is that the only outfits they brought?
To my pleasure, Nate and Jen are still fighting! At least now Nate is fighting back.
The speed bump was perfect for the Goths, posing and performance art all in one. But as dumb luck would have it they u turned the wrong team-come on guys-which is the team you love to hate-Nate and Jen of course. If only they would have u turned them, they would still have been in the race. What bad luck and timing.
Hum, flowers or posters-I knew Tk and Rachel would pick flowers-they are hippy children after all. I had to laugh tho, when Jen finished making the lei, she tried to give it to an elephant? Come on Jen, it said give it to the brides groom-not an elephant!
At the poster challenge, father Ron was rearing his ugly head again and poor Christina had to set him straight. She did a great job on straightening the Bollywood poster-go girl!
I was so hoping that Kynt would out run Jen in the cannister challenge, especially when she forgot the receipts taped on the doors-but Kynt messed that up as well. In the end-much to my disappointment they came in last. Kynt and Vyxsin did manage to pink their way into my heart, I wanted them to win, but it was truely a Bollywood moment when Vyxsin said on the elimination mat as she and Kynt gazed off in the distance, "as long as Kynt is in my life, the adventure will never end"-sigh! fade to black. Four backpacks!-Single D
Ok, I must apologize for my lame commentary on last week's episode. I'm blaming being out of town and the holiday rushing around. Hopefully I will make up for it! Anyway, back to the reason we are here.....So now we know just how smelly India is. I had to laugh watching everyone covering their faces with whatever they had, how convenient that father Ron had a medical mask with him. Yes our fave couple we love to hate and, obviously, they love to hate each other, Nate & Jen couldn't find the clue in the newspaper. The dog jumping (or trying to hump) on them didn't help much. I thought Jen would have a little Chihuahua handbag if it didn't go away. I just have to ask this, does Rachel ever comb her hair? I understand TK and the dread lock wanna be but what is Rachel's excuse? That's off my chest, thank you.
Everyone looked like they were having fun riding the rickshaws around town. Especially the goths when they commented how it was painted black on the inside and Vyxsin said, "it's cozy like being in a coffin". Why doesn't that surprise me?
Good for Christina for getting the poster pasted despite father Ron. I hope after this is done, she just kicks him to the curb! He keeps saying he's going to change, haven't seen it yet buddy! A little comic relief was going on at the flower stringing. On the one hand you have Rachel & TK almost Zen like in their stringing and right next to them, our fateful fighters Nick & Jen bickering away. They always hate each other until they do something good then they love each other again, how romantic. I was hoping the elephant would eat their flowers and they would have to start over.
What was father Ron thinking when he offered to do the canister thing? Did his hernia go away? Maybe he thought he could illicit sympathy from Christina if his hernia burst. I thought it was great when Kynt "forgot" to close the elevator door for Jen. I just love when that girl goes ballistic. Too bad she didn't get the speed bump yoga, she could use a little down time.
I was glad to see the goths finally doing something for themselves and doing the u-turn. Unfortunately, they u-turned the wrong people! An agonizing groan escaped my throat as I watched them paste Nick and gramps picture on the sign. :( But then my hopes returned when Nick & Jen got lost, again, after the canister challenge. Much to my dismay Nick & Jen somehow pulled it out and arrived before Kynt & Vyxsin. Kynt & Vyxsin did take the elimination with grace, more than can be said if it had been Nick & Jen. Now if there were some way we could get Christina and gramps on the same team! Since that can't happen I'm going with Nick and gramps, they seem to have picked up a lot of luck lately. Five farewell backpacks for Kynt & Vyxsin! I'll miss you guys!

No comments: