Thursday, December 6, 2007

Project Runway Everything Old is New Again

I always hate it when they pair up designers or put them on teams for the challenges. You can't really see what they would have created on their own, but instead designers are sentenced to conform with the group, case in point-Ricky-why didn't you just tell Queen Victorya to shut up! I thought almost every group's clothes with the exception of the winning team, just gawd awful! Ricky's group of silky outfits were misfits, who wears clothes like that? For all of Queen Victorya's micro managing, her outfit looked like some sort of slip gone bad, I just didn't get it. Kit and Christian's teams outfits were once again something Star Trekkie's could wear in space and do you think Kit and Christians hair are starting to look alike, in fact they do make a cute couple, except we all know which team Christian plays for. Christian could also have had a supporting role as one of Santa's elf, he just needs little booties with bells. Speaking of couples, I so totally think Sweet Pea and Big Chris make a fabulous couple, I envision them living quite happily in some trailer in Florida. I like the way Sweet Pea chooses the odd man out-e-knee-meanie-mine-nee-mo-she really is Sweet, don't let those tats fool you.
Jillian, Rami, and Kevin's outfits are clothes I could see myself wearing, I love, love, love that denim dress-that really was a deserving win for all three.
During the elimination when it came down to Ricky or Chris, I was surprised that Ricky did not break down and cry. I was sorry to see Chris go, I kinda wanted to see more of his work, however that long, long, long dress was just too much Dynasty and not enough class. I give this episode a thimbles down-I don't like teams! I think it's a toss up between Christian and Queen Victorya, only because I can't stand her restrained control freak thing and Christian because he's yet to prove to me that he has a sense of style-Single D
I agree, I don't like the teams either. This time however, they did kind of do their own thing, especially Victorya. She was one big beeatch! Personally, Ricky should have just said, you want to lead, you got it. At least Elisa is learning, she quit spitting on her clothes and she listened to Ricky when he was helping her and she actually made something we earthlings could wear.
Christian is fun to watch, a little annoying at times, but fun. He seems to really like girl clothes, that little pirouette he did while wearing his outfit tells me he wishes he could be the runway model.
I really didn't see what was wrong with Steve's outfit. How can you redo dancing clothes? I couldn't wear it, you have to be a size 1/2 to make it look good and the model wore it well. I was not sorry to see Chris go. I liked Ricky's dress from last week and think he can do well if he can just stop crying. I must say I was proud of him for keeping it together when he found out he wasn't going home.
I may look like a copy cat but I'm giving this one a thumbs down also just because most of the clothes can not be worn by the general public. Victorya should go next. Way too controlling and does not accept criticism at all!
Double D

No comments: