Wednesday, February 13, 2008

America Idol-Hollywood Week

I love it that the contestants are allowed to play their musical instruments during their solos. Brooke on the piano looked like Carole King, which is exactly what Simon said! See, I knew Simon and I were meant to be together! Jacob playing the drums during his solo reminded me of the wedding singer-why would you play drums during a singing audition? Ms. rock and roll nurse looks much older than her 23 years and is the rocker biker chick of the group-I'm not completely sold on her Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks persona, so it's a wait for me. And what's up with that Ghaleb fellow, he thinks he the next Antonio Bandaras or Casanova, kissing all the girls- NOT! It amazes me when some guy sings how Paula's face lights up, either she has cougar designs for him or she's thinking-Apple Martini! I thought the Irish girl did ok-but her blue tongue was distracting, did she have it tatoo as well or was she eating blue mints? I'm thinking they need to cut loose the mayor of nerdville, Kyle, omg, one word-NERDLING! Paula said he was a little corny, I'd say he was one big ear of corn. Kyle, I know you'd be better at shaking hands and kissing babies-practice political speeches, I can see you as the next mayor or something! Poor Miss South Florida Fair a victim of the wrong song, Unchained Melody, to my surprise Simon said yes. Simon dear get the wax out, Randy said no and so it was up to Paula, who was put on the spot. Everyone held their collective breath as Miss Fair pleaded and sang, sang and pleaded, and surprise, surprise, Paula said no. Well maybe one of those liquor distilled brain cells were working after all. Good girl Paula! My favorite by far was the cutie 16 year old, David Archuletta, he's got star written all over him. Let's just crown him now!
And now for a tearful farewell, to Josiah, simply a heart wrenching moment when he was cut loose, because you know the only thing he has to go back to is his car. A word of advice Josiah, go home, be a teen, enjoy these young years, get some experience, and then try out again, next time I know you'll make it!
-Single D
Nice twist being able to play an instrument during the audition. Like Simon told a few folks, don't hide behind the instrument, you need to be able to get out there by yourselves. I like the rock & roll nurse, can't think of her name right now, but I do agree with Simon that she will start sounding monotinous, think Janis Joplin, if she isn't careful.
Where did this Ghaleb come from and who told him he was a ladies man? Looks like he will kiss anyone he can get his hands on! At least Paula spoke up first, yes I was shocked, and said no to advancing him. He took it pretty well and went out and started kissing women again. As we type this, I'm sure he is kissing his way back to Miami.
Carly the Irish girl did pretty well. I too thought she had a blue/green tongue but then as I watched, it seems like a lot of people had some oral discoloration. Is it my TV or did the merry prankster producers of "Idol" put something in the water?
On to geeky Kyle. What a pick up line "so have you ever eaten deer jerky?"! I don't think I would be able to restrain myself if someone laid that one on me! My heart is going pitter-patter. Kyle, please lose the computer geek look, do you own a pair of jeans? This is American Idol auditions not geek squad!
Jeffrey the fat guy singing about food. Do you think there is an addiction here? Sorry you didn't make it, go have a cheese burger and you'll feel better.
I'm glad Aussie Michael is sticking around, more eye candy baby! Oh yeah, he can sing too. Double D

No comments: