Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol-The Winner is!

Hooray! I was so resigned to the fact that Adam Lambert was going to win this season's American Idol. After last season's rock dude David Cook winning over my choice of little David Archuletta, I was not happy that once again another rocker dude was going to win. Granted Adam does have an ok voice and could definitely sing in something like "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" or "Little Shop of Horrors" but would he be someone I would want to listen to on my ipod in the car? No! Adam is all about show and theatrics and sticking out that tongue like KISS. I prefer singers that leave that appendage in their mouths to sing. Granted Kris is not the greatest find since Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood, but he does have a quiet potential and clearly showed his would be superstar brilliance when he duo with Keith Urban in "I Want To Kiss a Girl". I was in awe, now why didn't he do that before? Kris Allen showed us that he does have the stuff and I will be listening to what he will do next. As for Adam, fans need not worry, I'm sure they will be able to catch Adam Lambert in the next production of "Phantom of the Opera" coming to a local theater near you!-Single D

No comments: