Wednesday, May 7, 2008

American Idol-Final Four

Where has the season gone that we are now down to the final four, David Cook, David Archuleta, Syesha and Jason. This week it's music from the Rock and Roll hall of fame. David Cook starts the show off with "Hungry Like the Wolf"-is that a classic? It was just ok. It seems to me that all his songs sound the same. He really needs to tame the hair and have a make over. Will someone find him a comb? I thought Syesha's Proud Mary, would make Tina Turner proud, although Simon thought it was a cheap karaoke. I thought the second song was ok, although I didn't recognize that Sam Cook song. I know she's proud of her heritage, but does she have to get all weepy eye over it? Maybe it was the pressure of this whole thing. Syesha does have an amazing range to her voice and yes, all her songs sound different. I think that finally the judges are beginning to see that Jason really doesn't have the right stuff. Jason chose a Bob Marley song. Why, duh, because of the hair dude! I thought "I Shot the Sheriff" was terrible. Can you really display amazing vocals on that song? When even Paula is hesitant to like it, then you know it's really bad. I thought his second choice, "Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man" was a perfect choice. His voice reminds me of Cat Stevens, sing some Cat for us!
The show stealer of the evening was David Archuleta singing one of my favorites, "Stand By Me". I could melt! Now that's a classic. When he said that he was going to sing the Elvis, "Love Me Tender", I thought why? But his rendition of it was pure magic. I can't imagine what his voice would be like if he had both vocal chords, truly amazing! Shame on you stage Dad! He's lucky that he didn't ruin David's voice and my choice to win this whole thing! -Single D

No comments: