Thursday, November 6, 2008

Top Design-Finale

I've been having the darnest time trying to adjust to the weather change and the time change. Yes kids, we really do have a weather change in Las Vegas. I have lived here several years and the weather immediately turns from summer into winter on Halloween night or the day after. It's really a dramatic and noticeable change. And with the time change, my sleep cycle is completely thrown off. So last night I tried to watch the Top Design finale, between bouts of eyes wide shut and eyes wide open. Top Design brought back recently booted, Andrea, who said that she shouldn't have made the choice to leave because she felt like she could have designed a whole house, well duh, you didn't give yourself a chance. Eddie, whose forced smile and unlikely pairing with his never to be my friend, Preston, was the last partner he wanted to be paired with. I wanted to slap that silly, frozen smile off Eddie's face. And Natalie. She's so bland, I almost forgot who she was. So between designing their houses and the end result, I had my eyes wide shut. I woke up just in time to see the finish products. I wasn't crazy about Ondine's 50's style house. The couches were pink, small and uncomfortable. Who watches TV on couches like that? But one of my favorite, I wish I could do that in my house item, was the square cut mirror headboard that she designed. I would love to do that in my living room. I think over all, my favorite was Preston's as a complete house. That was a house I could live in, especially the office with it's beautiful detailed moulding and the master bedroom with that heavenly canopy. Sweet dreams! I thought the dining room was elegant and tasteful. All the while, Adler while going through both Ondine's and Preston's, had that look of tasting sour milk. You could so tell that Adler's favorite designer was Nathan. I guess Adler likes rooms that can't be lived in. The dining room table was fit for breakfast only, one could never do dinner on a small square table like that and that paper plate light fixture looked like a fire hazard to me. I did like the painting, so simple-take a blank canvas and drip different streaks of paint, let dry and hang. Something DaVinci could copy. How simple is that? I think I might have to try that. Overall in the end, design outweighed function as they crowned stalker eye Nathan and give him the 100,000 grand. Hey Nathan, you looked much better when you had hair, less stalkerish and more artist designerish.-Single D

No comments: