Friday, November 30, 2007

Project Runway-The Making of The Man Suit

I don't know who Tiki Barber is, but he sure is cute and built! This episode's challenge proved to be a hard one, designing and sewing man clothes. I was curious as to what was Rami wearing when he took off his shorts to create a pattern from them? That was a great idea, if you don't mind cutting your clothes up. Who was it that said, pants are just two sleeves sewn together? Never thought of it that way. When the boy models came in, I think just about everyone was ga ga over them except the one straight guy in the bunch, Kevin. Pretty boys, I have never seen so many pretty men, they were prettier than the girl models and can you say flat abs-whew! I think Carmen and Ricky were engaged in their own opera, singing barbs to each other and losing their tempers under the stress of the Titanic Panic! In the end it proved to be a tough challenge, I thought Victorya's outfit was the best (they never listen to me!), Rami's outfit looked nicely made, but seemed lacking in something-maybe an ascot? Carmen's outfit looked like it was sewn on the model and alas, maybe she should have turned her necklace right side up for the horseshoe to bring her luck! Thimbles up for the boy toy models. It looks like spit marker Elisa might be staying awhile, so my next to become unsewn is Christian, I haven't liked a single piece he's done, bye bye and oh yeah, fire your hairdresser! -Single D This was one big surprise. I never thought I would see Project Runway do men's clothes. Yes, I did know who Tiki Barber was, me and Kevin it seems were the only ones (Tiki does have a twin brother and he plays football too). It was fun to see the designers rushing around trying to make something from nothing. I wasn't sure what to expect from Elisa since they didn't show too much of her until the runway show. I was thinking something chameleon like but it turned out pretty much normal, go figure. Sweet P had me cracking up with that enormous neckline, at least her tie looked great! When the male models came in all you could see was eyeballs popping, girls and guys. Elisa had to turn around while her model disrobed. Apparently, on her planet, it's wrong for a female to see another man semi nude. Good thing she didn't have to measure his inside leg! The runway show was a disaster for some like Sweet P with that neckline and Carmen with, well, that. No we couldn't get through an episode without Ricky crying after they told him his suit was bad and dull. The winner was Jack but I liked Kit's outfit much better. For next week's you're out person, I'm going out on a limb and saying Ricky. He was so flustered this week and he has been playing it pretty safe. I don't think he will recover from the panic. Thimbles up for Tiki! Double D

No comments: