Sunday, November 25, 2007

Project Runway - Once Bitten

Does Heidi Klum ever look bad? She was looking cute as ever, loved the outfits! But I digress....So the challenge this week was to make something for Sarah Jessica Parker's clothing line, Bitten. They had a $15 dollar budget which prompted Chris M. to say, "What are we going to make it out of? Scotch tape and toilet paper?" Considering a past contestant made a dress from coffee filters, it might not be a bad idea! And can we say CRY FEST. OMG! The sight of an over weight Fred Flintstone look-a-like crying is not pretty. I don't think Ricky can say more than two words without crying. Then you have Carmen crying because the judges wanted her to say who should go home. Then there is Elisa from another planet. Paring up with Sweet P seemed to have brought her here to Earth, for a while. Not to mention they made a pretty nice outfit despite the spit mark - gross! Christain and Carmen made a good team, their hair styles match, oh, and Christain, honey take that bold step into the 2000's. Retro is only good for Halloween costumes and disco revivals. And your dress showed every bump and bulge on your size 2 model, can you imagine what it would look like on a size 10 "real" person?! I'm sorry, Marion might be a decent designer but that Pocahontas dress had to go, bad choice of saggy material. Too bad because the sketch really did look good. Next out will have to be Elisa. Without Sweet P to reign her in, I don't think she will be able to stop herself from making another alien garment. I give this episode a thimbles up for Sarah Jessica Parker! -Double D SJP-my favorite Sex and the City gal-love that challenge for the Bitten collection. This episode seemed to bring most of them to tears...can we say cry me a river! Ricky crying! Chris crying, did I say Ricky crying? I think most of the designs had a common theme-can a cape by any other name still be a cape?-I'm thinking poncho, circus tent, big top, alpaca- I guess Sarah likes ponchos (capes), I had my doubts. Elisa with her "polymorphic" clothes, what exactly does that mean?-she's really not from happy planet Earth like Sweet P said. I still think four words to describe her from our previous blog... odd, bizarre, strange and weird, spit marking and all-reminded me of my dog Henry and his pee marking his territory! Thank god she didn't win, we would all be looking for the spit mark on her clothes! Did I say Ricky crying? And I'm sorry, maid Marion's outfit did look like a homeless Pocahontas, any more wear on that outfit and you would have a king sized blanket! My favorite outfit was Ricky's lady in red-beeyouitfull (as my daughter would spell it!). In the end, Christian deserved to go, his jacket would make Lt. Uhura (on Star Trek) look pretty, but not the everyday gal. The next out should be Elisa-we need seams!!! Thimbles up SJP! -Single D

No comments: