Wednesday, March 19, 2008

American Idol-Beatles Night

I think the viewing audience probably had enough of the Beatles music last week, but as we head into this week's elimination, it's Beatles once again. The producers probably paid a pretty penny for the collection so they want to get their monies worth. I thought "Back in the USSR" was a perfect song choice for raspy hog biker Amanda. At least I could understand the words this time, or maybe it was because I knew the song already. Simon scored points finally when he told her she's becoming predictable and boring, (finally someone saying her singing all sounds the same!). She countered back that she wants to give her audience what it would be like if they paid tickets to see her in concert, which Simon countered with, isn't that jumping ahead. She apparently thinks she's really good. Well good if you like to hear the same broken record over and over. I was so happy that little David Archuleta was able to get it together this week and sang a beautiful "Long and Winding Road". His voice when he's on is so pure and simple. Someone who is definitely getting better looking as the weeks go by is Michael Johns, I thought he did justice to "A Day in the Life". Brooke White totally reminds me of Joni Mitchell but in a more buttery bland way. She looked like a fairy elf sprinkling sunshine everywhere.
Speaking of one trick pony, that is what David Cook is becoming. He's the Daughtry of this season and I'm sure he'll pick up some record label. I totally thought the voice box was Corny, say it with me Corny!
I absolutely hate "Blackbird" but Carly does have an amazing voice so she elevated that song to new levels. Another thing Carly, who does your outfitting? The rosebud top does not match the tattoos on your arms. And she got two more tats on her fingers, the number seven. What happens when later on down the line she moves up in the numbers, will she tattoo another number on her fingers?
Dreadlock Jason looked totally goofy singing "My Michelle". He looked awkward and out of place. Ramiele lose the hat and hair, hated Chikeze country version of "I Just Saw her Face" and Syesha's "Yesterday" was a beautiful ballad. I'm thinking Christy Lee Cook has outstayed her welcome and needs to go back home and ride some more ponies.-Single D

No comments: