Friday, March 21, 2008

Celebrity Apprentice-Final Two

The final four, Trace, Baldwin, Carol and Lennox are told by the Donald, that he will fire two more after they are subjected to a grueling round of interviews. Yuck, I hate interviews! Piers thinks he has this one in the bag. Carol looks sublimely at ease with being interviewed by Erin Burnnet and Jim Cramer. Lennox is a boxer not a talker, so he stumbles his way through this process as Jim Cramer has question marks around his head. Trace manages to warm Erin's heart and is her favorite, she's a women afterall. Back in the boardroom, Trump tells the group that Trace and Carol were the favorites while Piers was everyone's least favorite being too rough and brash. You could see Trump's wheels spinning as to who he should fire, because it appeared to be a three way tie, between Carol, Piers and Trace. There was no question about firing Lennox, stick to knocking out your opponent not out talking your opponent. Trump knew he needed to keep Piers for all his foul mouth and abrasive manner, he really did produce the most cash out of anyone. In the end, I think a lightbulb went off in that Trump's head and he decided to keep Trace to go up against Piers, good vs evil, USA vs England. Gee, I never thought of it that way, maybe that explains why he has billions and I....well, you get my drift. Carol was very congenial about leaving and walked out in true class act style. When I grow up I want to be Carol Alt!
Of course we knew previously fired contestants would return, Marilu, Carol, Lennox and Baldwin. Trace choses Lennox (he takes the crutch away from Piers) and Marilu. Piers gets Baldwin and Carol. No Stephen, God wasn't listening to you, he's got better things to do.
The final challenge is a charity auction with food and entertainment. Trace gets the entertainment/decor end and Piers gets the auction/food end. I think I would like the food part of it, you know sampling and tasting, oh yeah! Trace plans to bring bus loads of country music celebrities to this function as he knows Piers will out do him in total donations so he has to wow Trump with the celebrities and entertainment. Little does he know that he also has to put up with the selfish, it's all about me needs of the Backstreet Boys and their high demands to be met. They apparently don't know who Trace Adkins is as they treat him like some kind of man servant. Fetch me some wheat grass, fetch me this, fetch me that, fetch me a pain in the ass! I couldn't believe their primadonna attitude and for a band that is considered defunct and passe, they sure are demanding. I didn't even think they were a band anymore and as Trace said, they were the Backstreet Boys a long time ago, what are they now, the Backstreet Greys? Should be more like the Backstreet Pains!
Piers fairs better as he calls on his friend, Princess Fergie. I love her! She offered to help him out by auctioning a tea with the Princess. Gee, I'm wondering how much that will go for?
So it's a race to the finish and it's anyone's title, but I'm thinking maybe Piers, because in the end, it's about fundraising and that is what Piers, for all his brash tactics, is good at.-Single D

No comments: