Wednesday, April 9, 2008

American Idol-Inspirational Songs

I didn't think alot of the songs were that inspirational. Michael John's song "Dream On" was mostly a screaming rant. Hated it. I thought however, that Syesha's song was very inspirational and yet the judges still manage to give her criticisms for her lack of emotion. Hey Randy, can't you at least tell the poor girl that she does have an amazing voice. Randy was really in a mood, grouchy. He didn't like anyone except for Dreadlock Jason Castro. What are the judges on? I knew when he finished strumming that tiny ukulele which looked so absurdly silly that they would sing his praises. I do love the Israel's verision of "Over the Rainbow" , but I just think Castro's voice is so weak. Ok, maybe I just hate the hair so much I can't see the singing. Kristie Lee Cook's Martina McBride song was a perfect choice for her. She is so suited for country. And what was Paula wearing that her muffin tops were squeezed so much they looked like the third rising of bread dough? I absolutely hated David Cook's song and Simon was right in his comment that he looks so pompous in that white jacket. Carly was still sleeveless and her song "The Show Must Go On", I just didn't get it? What's so inspirational about that? Brooke White sang one of my favorite Carole King songs "You've Got a Friend." It was as Randy says, "just awright". The best of the evening was David Archuleta's song "Loving Angels". If he doesn't parlay a career in pop, he will make a great Christian singer. I had heard on the radio that David has a phlegmy breath between words and I could hear it last night, but I forgive him for that, at least he has learned to keep his tongue in his mouth.-Single D

No comments: