Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Project Runway-My Gawd-Is Kenley Still There?

I had this recurring dream er more like a nightmare. I'm watching Project Runway and thinking with every episode that Kenley is eliminated only to find her at the runway show with Heidi exclaiming that some feathery thing she concocted was crazy good. Oh my God! Was that for real?! Yep it was little doggie. She's still there with her spanky attitude in check (spanky is Korto's word for her). One hitch to progressing on to Bryant Park is to create a wedding gown and bridesmaid dress for the elimination round. $8,000 dollars and a month later we find the designers at home when Tim comes to call. Can you imagine that Korto lives in Arkansas? Poor thing. And what perfect place should we find Leanne at? Why Oregon of course. I just knew she had to be some sort of borderline tree hugging girl of nature, which she says her inspiration was the waves on the ocean. Seems nice, but must every garment have those same pleats? Didn't her boyfriend look like some sort of nerdy English professor? And of course Kenley would be where else, Brooklyn. When Tim made the stop at Jerrell's to see his collection, I thought he was stopping at a costume shop. What was up with all this glitter and trashy glam? I knew right there Jerrell was not going to make it. I did feel bad since his mama has so much faith in him.
When the designers come back to NY, I loved the cool reception that Kenley got. Everyone before were like hugging and kissing after not seeing each other for a month, but when Kenley entered a cold frosty wind swept through. I think Jerrell was the only one to say hi. Things did melt a bit after Kenley apologized, but that still doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I totally hate to admit it, but I did like her swan hatching from an egg wedding dress even if it looked like a copy of some other designer and if she did plagiarize, shouldn't she be packing her bags? Her little navy bridesmaid dress was too cute and I just hate saying that! By far the best wedding dress was Leanne's. It was a dreamy concoction of layered folds of clouds of whipped cream. I think the contest will be between Kenley and Leanne. Some of Korto's outfits have missed the mark especially her wedding dress which was more like Oscar gown gone wrong. And Jerrell's sloppy Cinderella flower pot dress was just two words-God Auful! And with that Jerrell was aufed! Hey does Jerrell still get to show at Bryant Park since there are pictures of him and his collection on Bravo? -Single D

No comments: