Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Premieres Survivor & Amazing Race

This week's dual of the premieres, winner Amazing Race. By far Amazing Race opening episode which I might add I missed but thankfully CBS has the entire episode online. What ever would we do without computers? Amazing Race won hands down as one of the most entertaining openers of the season. At first when Double D said at work, what about that bungee jump? I thought she was talking about the Bachelor. Then she said something about the cheese when I realized it was Amazing Race she was chattering on about. I almost thought for a minute second, maybe I wouldn't watch it and catch the second episode, but thankfully I came to my senses! And what about that bungee jump! OHMG! That was some terrifying plunge. I don't know if I could do that. It was amazing. And that roadblock with the 50lbs of cheese what so totally hysterical. Needless to say the Swiss Cheese Misters were doubled over in hysterics. What kind of cheese carriers were those? They definitely can't hold fifty pounds of Swiss. Surprisingly the hicks figured out how to slide 150 pounds of cheese on it and managed to inch by other teams but still got lost in the end.
You gotta know that when I am already rooting for certain teams that this has to be good. First place finishers, Mom and deaf son who wanted to prove that being deaf is not a handicap, it just means you can't hear. Second place to Asian brother and sister and third place to the stunt midgets. What a crack up, they're stunt doubles for kids! All three are my favorite teams so far. Who cares who was eliminated. If they couldn't beat out the hicks who never traveled outside their own town, then they deserved to go home.
I was disappointed with the first episode of Survivor. They are at a location I can't pronounce, why the teams can't even pronounce their own tribal names. Already they are singling out the old and the weak. I'm so over the age discrimination thing. Why doesn't the producers try to change it up, maybe they could surprise us or at least keep our attention. Hopefully it will get more interesting, but so far.....yawn!-Single D
Jennifer Hopka (26); Preston McCamy (28) Hometown: Columbia, S.C. Occupation: Jennifer (Student); Preston (Software Engineer)Relationship: Dating-Eliminated
Carolina Eastwood (26)Hometown: West Hollywood, Calif.Occupation: Bartender-Eliminated

No comments: