Friday, February 20, 2009

Project Runway Where Art Thou?

Well kids the answer to that is - in court! I am sitting here in Seattle, waiting for my niece and watching the Early Show when it occurred to me that everyone is talking about fashion week in NY. Then I thought, where is Project Runway? So I went to the free WiFi and found out the following:
It seems the Weinstein Company who owns the rights to Project Runway decided to sell those rights to the Lifetime channel. NBCU didn't take too kindly to that since, according to the contract they have with Weinstein, they have first refusal rights. So it was off to court and NBCU won and injunction. Season 6 of Project Runway has been filmed and the designers are showing at Bryant Park this week but their identities are being withheld from the public. Don't look for season 6 anytime soon since both parties are still waiting for a trial date. Double D

No comments: